Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Survival Tips


As a girl, life is more detailed.  there are a lot of things that we ladies do that doesn't even cross the man's mind.  So here are some of my life lesson tips for everyone out there in this beautiful blog world.

1. Nail Polish Tips! My fav.

A.   So I am a messy messy nail polish painter, which is surprising considering how much I do it.  I just get distracted and my hands don't quite follow directions.  So by the end half the bottle is usually on my fingers and toes instead of my nails.  It looks ridiculous and I always get made fun of.

My response: Don't worry! It comes off in the shower!

that it does my friends, that it does.  All it takes is a little bit of water to loosen it all up and then just take your nail or maybe a little cuticle pusher to clean off the polish that hath runith over the edges.  It comes off like magic! :)  Bam it looks just as good as the other girls.

B.    My next favorite tip for my tips (haha I love puns!)  is to blow dry them. I move around a lot and they get the ugly smudge or  It makes them dry much faster and it feels good.



C. I just learned this and it is so cute!  The Half Moon Mani.
Finally a use for those gross tasting little brown adhesive circles that go in notebook paper holes to reinforce them.  That is a long description for something so little, but I do not know what they are called.  Anyway. Use these cut in half and apply to bottom of nail after first color and then paint above it!

 So idiot proof and so cute! :)


Last but CERTAINLY not least!
D.   I have some old-ass* nail polish in my collection and sometimes they get really blobby and sticky.  Which is really sad because some of those old colors are the best! and not easily found again. So what I do is pour a tiny bit of nail polish remover into the bottle and shake shake shake.  Viola! your nail polish will be like new again!  Your Welcome.




2. Pick a "you" Scent
I like many other people love candles a lot.  I have quite a few and I blame it on my sister because she always had such great candles that I wanted my own collection.  Now I have it.

 I once read somewhere though that when choosing candles it is smart to pick one scent for one room.  So maybe get like vanilla for the kitchen and get a few candles of it.
The reason for doing this is because you won't get overwhelmed with a lot of crazy mixtures of smells, but also because it makes it memorable.  A lot of our memory has to do with smells so commit yourself to memory and pick a special scent just for you and use it everywhere!!!

My scent is usually apple woods or apply-cinnamon, or woodsy smells.  I like the smell of nature and trees so these are a perfect blend for me.



I recommend going to Michael's craft store for some cheap candles, they have great seasonal smells and lots of sales!
but Bath and Body Works is also great, but they are kind of pricey for the average poor college student
Also, Yankee candles, obviously.
and my new favorite is Pacifica.  They make great candles that smell so good and are made out of soy!  Highly recommended 


Well that only turned out to be two survival tips for life, but I'm sure there will be more to come.  But it was really like 5 things because I talked so much about nail polish.  :)





*I'm sorry for the use of a curse word: especially to my mother and father who raised me better than that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amused by your apology for the word ass lol... I'm pretty sure mom and dad aren't going to be terribly upset by it :). I swear more than that on the phone with them! I'm glad I started your candle obsession too.

    ReplyDelete