Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lets Talk About Nail Polish!

I love nail polish. I love it so much I have had to get 4 different baskets for my ever-growing collection.

I am known for it. People come from all around to use them and ask for my almost expert advice. I am a nail polish guru. Its probably because I paint my own every other day. Its an addiction. A dirty addiction.

It started out as a simple thing. Whenever I have a bad day I used to go shopping, I am a shopaholic, I am not afraid to admit it. To curb this terrible problem I decided to buy one or two nail polishes from walgreens. I always felt better after. Soon my collection grew (I guess I had a lot of bad days)

and then it just kept growing.

and growing

and growing.

Into the +75 that it is now. I can almost remember all the colors I have too! Because I am forever buying new ones.
My friends love this, I don't think my mom does though and she is sadly the person paying the cc. bill. Sorry momma.

Sadly now, my tastes in nail polish became classier and more expensive. you know, O.P.I and essie and china glaze, all those good ones that are under ten dollars but definitelly more than a few. This wouldn't be such a problem if I didnt feel the need to buy two or 3 every time I go. Oh well. :)

So some tips from the self proclaimed nail polish Guru. :)

ADD SOME SPARKLE!
don't be afraid to shine especially in the grey days of fall.
Gold might be a good one to start with.

PLEASE... do try a different color on your toes than the one on your fingers. It adds variety and spice. :)

Gem tones! are totally in right now, so find your regal side and get glam with a deep purple or an emerald green. Maybe a delightful ruby red.

BONUS tip. If you are feeling daring, try my favorite new look.
Two different shades of the same color on each hand. For example a medium purple on your right hand and a dark purple on your left. DO use the same finish, ex. matte needs to be with matte and sparkle with sparkle for this.

enjoy my nail polish frenzies.




2 comments:

  1. Btwubs. This blog is amazing!! I read it everyday now. For all you nail polish lovers go to www.theadailyvarnish.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should start posting pictures of your own nails too

    ReplyDelete