Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Strange Addiction

TLC has had some awesome shows over the years. Great ones such as 19 kids and counting, kate plus 8 - a husband.  Sarah Palin's Alaksa, The ever controversial Toddlers in Tiarras, I didn't know I was Pregnant, Hoarding: Buried Alive and my new favorite, My Strange Addiction.

This show is nuts! and amazing. and kinda of freaky.  but really funny all at the same time.  You know its a great show when it evokes so many emotions all at once.

So the episodes range from a people who eat dry wall to people who collect girl's hair from drains.  Weird I know.  But the most recent one I saw was about a lady who had been growing her finger nails for 22 years!  Snap.  that is insane.  She even took the time and money to get a manicure every week.  Woah.  It was like 250 dollars, A WEEK.  That is COMMITMENT.

Here's a peek at these bad boys.



I'm not going to lie.  This is freaky. No offense.
But I'm impressed by her choice of colors.

So this leads me to my strange addiction. NOT AS WEIRD AS THE ONES ON THE SHOW.
It's Nail polish.  I love them.
I love reading about them, buying them, trying them on, wearing them, looking at them, blogging about them and thinking about them.  I can't help myself.
It's like personality in a bottle, my mood changes with the color I wear.  Bright Colors in the dead of winter can lift me out of the snow-blues.  A sparkle color can give me confidence for a presentation.  Its great.  :)
I feel like it's okay though.

So there it is, my strange addiction.


Tell me about yours. No judgments here.  It will never get as weird as eating dryer sheets.


Oh how TLC inspires me.
http://tlc.discovery.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment